Overview of the Play
From a 4-low formation, the ball is passed to the middle players at the top of the key. The play then involves a flex screen and pin down which provides two great open shot opportunities.
- Best shooter should inbound the basketball.
- Best post player should start outside the three-point line on ball-side.
Setup: The play begins in a 4-low formation with the bigs on ball-side.
1. 4 cuts to the top of the key and receives the inbounds lob pass.
2. 3 waits an extra second and then cuts to the top of the key and receives the pass from 4.
3. 2 then steps inbounds and sets a flex screen for 5 who flex cuts looking for the pass and open layup.
4. We then use a screen-the-screener action as 4 sets a pin down for 2.
5. 2 cuts to the top of the key looking for the catch and shoot from a pass from 3.
- 3 must be able to make smart decisions with the basketball and hit the open player at the right time and on-target.
- It’s important that every player sets strong screens during this play.